You may not know it but your house is full of items that are very poisonous to your pets. Sneak your pets pieces of food from the table? Some of them can cause serious damage. Please take the time to read our list, get everything out of reach of your pets, and take a deep breath because it’s all going to be okay from here on out!

Chocolate can cause seizures and even death if ingested by dogs and cats. Dark chocolate is more dangerous that milk or white chocolate, but it’s still best to keep your pets far away from it.

Detergents and fabric softener sheets can cause ulcers in the mouth, esophagus and stomach if ingested by either dogs or cats.

Grapes (and grape juice), raisins, and currants – even in small amounts, can cause kidney failure in dogs.

Household cleaners, such as bleach, drain cleaners, ammonia and toilet bowl cleaners can cause gastrointestinal ulcers and other problems in dogs and cats like diarrhea and vomiting.

Onions, garlic, leeks, and chives are toxic for both dogs and cats. When chewed or swallowed, these ingredients can cause anemia and gastrointestinal issues like diarrhea and vomiting.

Xylitol is a sugar-free sweetener commonly found in chewing gum, breath mints, and toothpaste. In dogs, it can lead to dangerous drops in blood sugar and liver failure. Drop a mint? Be sure to grab it quickly.

Cleaning products are obvious, but did you know that grapes or onions could be that dangerous for your pet? Medications, cleaning supplies, and honestly anything other than food or treats made just for your pet should not be ingested by them. Be sure to keep dangerous items out of their reach and behind closed doors. If you find yourself in a situation where your pet ingests an item they are not supposed to, please contact us immediately.